FCT is the business name we use and includes FCT Insurance Company Ltd., the Canadian Branch of First American Title Insurance Company, First Canadian Title Company Limited, affiliates and subsidiaries.
B. Use of Website (this “Website”)
FCT is not responsible in any manner for direct, indirect, special or consequential damages, however caused, arising out of your use of this Website and/or any web browser, including any damages you may suffer if you transmit confidential or sensitive information to us or if we communicate such information to you at your request over the Internet. Links to other websites from this Website are for convenience only. No endorsement of any third party products, services or information is expressed or implied by any information, material or content referred to or included on, or linked from or to this Website. Further, FCT does not represent or warrant that this Website will be available and meet your requirements, that access will be uninterrupted, that there will be no delays, difficulties in use, defects, incompatibility, failures, errors, omissions or loss of transmitted information, that no viruses or other contaminating or destructive properties will be transmitted or that no damage will occur to your computer system. You have sole responsibility for taking protection and backup of data and/or equipment and for taking reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses or other destructive properties.
Information provided by FCT and other sources on this Website is believed to be accurate and reliable when placed on this Website, but we cannot guarantee it is accurate or complete or current at all times. Information on this Website is for informational purposes only and should not be acted or relied upon in that regard without seeking the advice of a professional.
D. Trade-marks and Copyrights
Certain names, words, titles, phrases, logos, icons, graphics or designs in the pages of this Website may constitute trade names, registered or unregistered trade-marks or service marks ("Trade-marks") of FCT or of third parties and used under license by FCT. However, the display of Trade-marks on pages at this Website does not imply that any license has been granted to any third party.
All information in this Website is protected under the copyright laws of Canada and/or other countries. Users of this Website shall be entitled to copy any information for their own personal use but may not republish or reproduce any such information in any manner, including electronic reproduction by "uploading" or "downloading", without the prior written consent of FCT. Otherwise, no one has permission to copy, redistribute, reproduce or republish, in any form, any information found in the pages of this Website.
Any unauthorized downloading, re-transmission, or other copying or modification of Trade-marks or other contents of this Website may be a violation of statutory or common law rights which could subject the violator to legal action.
All disputes, controversies or claims arising out of or in connection with this Website shall be submitted to and be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario. You submit and attorn to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario to finally adjudicate or determine any suit, action or proceeding arising out of or in connection with this Website.
® Registered trademark of First American Financial Corporation.
Accessibility Standards For Customer Service
FCT is committed to ensuring that its customer service accessibility guidelines, policies, practices and procedures are consistent with the following principles:
- Equal Opportunity
All of the documents required under the Customer Service Standard are available upon request. These documents include our policies with respect to assistive devices, communication, service animals, support persons, notices of temporary disruptions, and training for staff.
Feedback is welcomed. You can share your thoughts about accessibility at FCT by contacting us through any of the methods listed below.
||Toll Free: 1.800.307.0370
||Toll Free: 1.888.560.2844
2235 Sheridan Garden Drive
Oakville, ON L6J 7Y5
Attention: Legal Services
In addition, if you require the feedback process , FCT’s customer service policies or temporary disruptions policies in an accessible format, or if you wish to make a formal complaint pursuant to our Complaint Procedure, but require an accommodation to do so, please contact us and we will make the necessary arrangements.
Accessibility Policy and Multi-year Accessibility Plan
This 2014-2021 accessibility plan outlines the policies and actions that FCT (which for this purpose includes FCT Insurance Company Ltd., the Canadian branch of First American Title Insurance Company, First Canadian Title Company Limited, and their affiliated companies in Canada (the "Company")) will put in place to improve opportunities for people with disabilities.
Statement of Commitment
FCT is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Accessible Emergency Information
FCT is committed to providing the customers and clients with publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
In compliance with applicable laws, FCT provides training to employees of the Company on Ontario’s accessibility laws and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training is provided in a way that best suits the duties of employees. FCT provides the training as soon as possible after an employee has been hired with FCT; and FCT will keep records and documentation summarizing the number of individuals to whom the training was provided and the dates on which training was provided.
Information and Communications
FCT is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs.
FCT will ensure existing feedback processes are accessible to people with disabilities upon request.
FCT will take the following steps to make all websites and content conform with WCAG 2.0, Level AA by January 1, 2021:
1. Text Alternatives: Provide website’s visitors with text alternatives for non-text content will facilitate the user experience for those with disabilities. For example, include larger print, symbols, simpler language, braille or audio descriptions.
2. Time-based Media: Provide alternatives for time-based media will ensure anyone with visual or auditory disabilities to access all of the information on our site with the means to do so. This includes providing audio-only versions of video content, and text versions of audio content.
3. Adaptable: Depending on the age and quality of your current website, this could be a very easy update. Making your content adaptable enables it to be presented in different ways, such as with a simpler layout, while still providing the same information and structure.
4. Distinguishable: Use good colour font contrast between the text and background, and a text size of at least 14 points. Ensure the links and controls are highly visible when they receive keyboard or mouse focus.
5. Keyboard Accessible: Ensure that our website is entirely keyboard accessible to make it very useful to individuals with motor skills disabilities.
6. Enough Time: On the home page the content that is set to rotate or change automatically after a certain period of time can be problematic to those with dyslexia or other reading disabilities. Thus, we will provide users the ability to turn off or adjust the time on this feature, or warn the user that the content will change unless they perform a simple action (I.e., press the Enter key) that extends their time.
7. Navigable: We will ensure our links are visually distinct, allowing users to navigate to different sections of a web page and limit the number of links per page.
8. Input Assistance: Make sure the instructions on filling out forms on our site are provided in a clear and concise way and let the user know the reason for rejecting the form submission. If a form was rejected because the user did not fill out a mandatory field, for example, provide a notice that an error was identified and explain to the user how to correct this error. Also have a ‘Help’ link on each page where a user inputs their information.
9. Compatible: This ensures that the code of is up to coding standards so that it is compatible with various gadgets, including assistive technology gadgets so that its content can be captured and understood with the use of screen readers and other assistive technology softwares and tools.
FCT is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. We will take the following steps to notify the public and staff that, when requested, FCT will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired:
- Ensure that job postings that are available to the public mention that FCT is an equal opportunity employer;
- Ensure that managers are aware of alternate recruitment avenues that allow for recruitment of persons with disabilities;
FCT will take the following steps to develop and put in place a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability:
- FCT works with a case manager assigned by the benefit carrier when an employee is returning to work and develops individual accommodation plans as required;
- FCT allows for graduated return to work programs and works with a case manager when necessary in developing such programs;
We will take the following steps to ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account if FCT is using performance management, career development and redeployment processes:
- FCT will develop an individualized performance management and/or career development plan for employees with a disability and who request such a plan;
- No employee will be denied the ability to be promoted due to a disability and all FCT policies with respect to bonuses shall apply equally to employees with disabilities;
Design of Public Spaces
FCT will meet the Accessibility Standards for the Design of Public Spaces when building or making major modifications to public spaces. Public spaces include: outdoor public eating areas; outdoor paths of travel; and service-related elements.
FCT will put procedures in place to prevent service disruptions to its accessible parts of its public spaces.
In the event of a service disruption, we will notify the public of the service disruption and alternatives available.
For More Information
For more information on this accessibility plan, please contact the Compliance Administrator at:
Accessible formats of this document are available free upon request from: email@example.com